Looking for a picturesque and unique place for fishing? Lithuania is the right choice. Close to 3000 lakes - the largest being 44 sq km width, over 22 000 winding rivers and streams and the Baltic Sea cost offer a wide choice for fly fishing, angling, spinning, boat fishing, trolling, float fishing, lure fishing.
Different fishing types may be experienced depending on the season:
Spring - spinning of pike, bass, salmon; float fishing of white fish, vimba , ect.
Summer - fishing of carp, bream, sheatfish, eel, ect.
Autumn - spinning fishing, burbot fishing.
Winter - ice fishing, worthy of note smelt fishing.
The Fly Fishing Tour offered below is meant for real fishing fans, however it may be easily adapted for the beginners.
• Morning arrival to Vilnius, meeting with the guide at the airport, transfer to the fishing spot in the upper reaches of the Merkys river which flows through belongs to Dzukija National Park .
The Merkys is known for its diverse species and rich of brown trout and grayling.
• Breakfast and picnic lunch /or dinner at homestead.
• After early breakfast continue fishing in the Merkys river (another fishing spot).
• In the evening BBQ and drinks. Sauna is available on request.
• After early breakfast drive to the final fishing spot.
• Picnic lunch.
• Evening transfer to Vilnius airport or hotel in Vilnius
N.B. Extension of the tour is available. Rent of fishing gear may be offered upon request.
3 days Fly Fishing Tour package includes:
• Fishing guide service through the fishing tour
• Transportation during the whole trip (car rent is also available)
• Fishing licenses
• Cosy homestead accommodation for 2 nights
• Meals 2 times per day
Package price: from EUR 330 per person (min 4 persons)
This package is valid till the 1st of September, 2012
P.S. Catch is a matter of fisherman’s luck - don't forget to bring it with you!